Legal Malpractice Attorneys in Fairfax
Expert Assistance When Your Personal Injury Case Has Been Mishandled
Legal malpractice is not a popular discussion topic for attorneys. Unfortunately, legal malpractice does occur, particularly in complex cases such as those involving personal injury. When malpractice has taken place, the results can be devastating: a plaintiff may be unable to move forward with their case. If your personal injury, medical malpractice, or wrongful death case was mishandled by another attorney, you need prompt and professional assistance from personal injury experts in order to recover.
The elements of a legal malpractice claim are similar to a medical malpractice claim. You must prove that:
- the conduct of the attorney was substandard. (For example, the attorney missed a critical deadline, or the attorney named the wrong party in your personal injury lawsuit); and
- the attorney's substandard conduct caused injury to you. (Most commonly, this would be that your case was dismissed by the court and could not move forward.)
At Weiner, Spivey & Miller the exclusive focus of our practice is personal injury law. Our attorneys have over 190 years of combined experience in investigating, negotiating and trying personal injury matters across Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
This experience allows us to help you to:
- understand what went wrong with your case,
- bring a legal malpractice action against the offending attorney, and
- receive a financial settlement, based upon the facts of your original case.
If you believe that you have been a victim of legal malpractice, please call us at (703) 215-9982, or contact us online, to schedule a consultation. We will listen to your concerns and help you understand your legal options. There is no cost for your initial consultation.