Paul R. Pearson
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubble
Paul Pearson has an extensive background in civil litigation in state and federal courts in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. His focus includes cases involving products liability, personal injury, automobile accidents, false arrest, malicious prosecution, construction and contract litigation, and other commercial disputes.
Mr. Pearson began with the firm of Arthur & Speed in 1979, eventually becoming a partner in the firm known as Arthur, Pearson and Martin. Paul represented clients who had been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence. During this time, Paul tried more than 100 cases in state and federal courts in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia. During his career, Mr. Pearson has handled numerous cases of catastrophic injury, including wrongful death and traumatic brain injury.
Paul was also "designated counsel" for Borg-Warner Security Corporation, an international company with divisions including private security, courier, armored car service, and fire and burglar alarm services.
After 22 years in private practice, Paul joined the Travelers Staff Counsel Office in October 2001, where he was specifically responsible for handling all major cases. He was subsequently appointed as Practice Group Leader, overseeing and mentoring the liability lawyers in all of Virginia, while continuing to handle his own cases.
After retiring from Travelers in March 2018, Paul joined Weiner, Spivey & Miller in September 2018, where he once again represents personal injury clients as he did in earlier private practice. Paul employs his 44 years of unique practice experience, gained from representing both plaintiffs and defendants, to provide a balanced evaluation and approach to obtaining the best possible result for injured clients.
A native of Montgomery County, Maryland, Paul served in the United States Army Special Forces Reserve (11th Special Forces Group, Airborne) from 1966 to 1973. Paul and his wife celebrated their 50th anniversary in 2022. They have four adult children, four grandchildren, and two great granchildren.
When he’s not working, he enjoys spending time with his family and horseback riding. Paul is active with the Hunters Valley Association and Hunters Valley Riding Club.
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, Virginia
- J.D. - 1979
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Maryland
- B.A. - 1972
- Major: Sociology
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School
- Virginia, 1979
- Virginia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals Fourth Circuit
- Maryland, 1982
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1985
- District of Columbia, 1984
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- Achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s A/V Preeminent Rating for Legal Ability and Ethical Standards
- Virginia State Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Past President and Treasurer of the Hunters Valley Riding Club
- Former Vice President, Current Maintenance Chairman for Rust Field Association
- Former Volunteer at Udvar-Hazy Air and Space Museum
- Volunteer with Vecina to assist in refuge reunification
Classes & Seminars
- Instructor/Presenter for Numerous Seminars and Moot Court Competitions