Millions Recovered For Injured Clients Across Virginia, Maryland And Washington, D.C.
No one can predict the future or how others will act. Despite our best efforts to protect our loved ones and ourselves, someone else’s carelessness or wrongdoing can cause catastrophic injury and turn our world upside down. In these situations, we need an experienced legal advocate to help us recoup our losses and begin rebuilding our lives.
Our attorneys at Weiner, Spivey & Miller in Fairfax have over 190 combined years of experience aggressively advocating for the injured. Since 2000, we have recovered millions for our injured clients. You can trust us to expertly handle your personal injury case so that you receive the compensation you deserve. We want you to focus on the most important matters: healing and rebuilding.
Comprehensive Personal Injury Representation
As a personal injury law firm, we have helped clients with all kinds of accident cases. You can trust our experience to get you the compensation you need to move forward.
From truck accidents to slip-and-falls, our firm can help you with numerous personal injury cases, including:
- Car accidents: Car accidents can cause serious injuries that can have a lasting impact. If you have been injured, learn about car accident law and your rights on our car accident page.
- Pedestrian accidents: All too often negligent motorists injure pedestrians because they fail to pay adequate attention to the road. If you have been injured, learn about your rights and options on our pedestrian accidents page today.
- Truck accidents: Trucks are extremely heavy and large compared to other vehicles on the road making them very dangerous in the event of an accident. Our firm is experienced in truck accident investigation and litigation. Learn more about how we can help you today.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcycles are a fun and convenient way to get around, unfortunately, many drivers are not looking out for motorcyclists, routinely putting them at risk. If you have been in an accident caused by a negligent driver, call our firm today to learn how we can help you.
- Bicycle accidents: While motorists on the road are required to look out for cyclists, all too often they fail to properly do so. If you have been injured by a negligent driver, learn about your rights and options for compensation on our page today.
- Catastrophic injuries: Catastrophic injuries are injuries that are very serious or permanent in nature. Our firm understands that suffering a catastrophic injury of any kind means you need more time to recover and more compensation to cover your medical expenses. Weiner, Spivey & Miller, PLC is here to help you. Learn more about how we can help you today.
- Nursing home abuse: Entrusting a loved one into the care of another can be a difficult decision. If you have discovered that your elderly loved one has not been treated well, you may have options. Learn more about how our firm can help you today.
- Premises liability: Landowners are responsible for ensuring their property is safe for visitors, if they fail to do so they may be held legally liable for any resulting injuries. If you have suffered an injury learn more about premises liability law and how our firm can help you today.
- Wrongful death: Losing a loved one in a preventable accident can be a devastating experience. Our firm understands what you are going through and will fight on behalf of you and your family for the compensation and justice you deserve.
- Medical malpractice: We expect that we are in good hands when we entrust our well-being to medical professionals, unfortunately, this is not always the case. If you have sustained an injury through malpractice read our medical malpractice page today to learn more about your options and how our firm can help you.
Recoverable Damages In A Personal Injury Case
Depending upon the state where the case is filed, and the specific circumstances of the case, compensation may include certain categories of “losses” stemming from the injury.
These may include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future lost wages
- The nature, extent and probable duration of the injuries
- Past and future physical pain and mental anguish
- Disfigurement or deformity suffered
Examples Of Our Assistance To Injured Clients
Falling countertops crush customer at “big box” store: Shirley was 30 years old, weighed 105lbs and was a former gymnast. She was shopping at a Big Box retailer when five large countertops, weighing more than 350 pounds, fell on her. The countertops had been propped against a wall and were improperly secured. Shirley never touched them. She suffered multiple comminuted (displaced) fractures of her pelvis and her sacrum (lower back). These required multiple surgeries and months of rehabilitation. Shirley had chronic pain and could only walk short distances or sit for short periods. The highest offer from the company’s insurance carrier before trial was $220,000, which Shirley declined. Ed Weiner and Lawson Spivey successfully tried the case; the jury awarded Shirley $3.2 million.
Intelligence officer suffers permanent injuries in collision: Don’s work in the intelligence community required that he be in top physical shape. At 30 years old, he regularly took a 3-5 mile run before work, biked 5 miles to work, took an intense bike ride with colleagues over lunch, and biked 5 miles home. When a Mercedes SUV, driven by a 17-year-old, T-boned Don’s smaller SUV at an intersection, Don suffered a broken back. He tried extensive physical therapy to avoid surgery, but the pain was too great. When surgeons attempted to fuse his fifth and sixth vertebrae, the surgery was unsuccessful. Medical experts testified that Don was left with an 18% disability and would likely experience pain from his injuries for the rest of his life. Don was no longer able to do field work and was transferred to a “desk job”. At trial, two eyewitnesses questioned by Ed Weiner provided accounts of how the 17-year-old was speeding and not paying attention to his surroundings. The defendant’s insurance company offered $450,000 prior to the trial. The jury awarded Don $2,040,000.
Pedestrian pinned to wall by elderly driver: Connie was on the sidewalk in front of an office supply store in suburban Maryland, when an elderly driver mistakenly put her car in drive instead of reverse. The car jumped the curb and hit Connie, pinning her against the building. Her injuries included multiple fractures in: both her left and right legs, her arm, and her pelvis. The skin on both of her legs was badly damaged. Connie had to undergo multiple surgeries, including skin grafting. She spent extensive time in a rehabilitation facility re-learning how to walk. Lawson Spivey and Ed Weiner successfully negotiated a $1.3 million settlement on Connie’s behalf.
Click here to see our results on behalf of our other clients.
We Are Here For You
Please contact us at 703-273-9500 or use our online form to reach us for respected legal advice and aggressive advocacy for your case. We know you may have more questions. We have answers. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.