Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubble
Eugene "Gene" Miller has 35 years of experience in both personal injury defense and as a Plaintiff's attorney. For 25 years he was the Managing Attorney for the office of GEICO Staff Counsel. In 2010, Gene joined Weiner, Spivey & Miller, where he represents victims of catastrophic injury and medical malpractice. He became a partner of the firm in 2012.
Gene has extensive inside knowledge of insurance coverage issues, as well as claim evaluation and handling processes and procedures. He uses his unique experience to offer valuable insight in determining the most effective strategy for the case of injured clients: negotiation, mediation, arbitration, and trials. Gene’s skills bring the best possible results for clients and their families. Gene has extensive experience in personal injury litigation, having tried more than 180 jury trials in the various courts of Northern Virginia, including Federal Court, and in the Washington D.C. Superior Court.
After earning a B.S. degree in Business from Virginia Tech, graduating with honors, Gene obtained his J.D. from George Mason University School of Law (now the Antonin Scalia Law School). During law school, he was on the Jessup Moot Court team; interned with the Fairfax County Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney; and attended a Summer School of Law Program at the University of Exeter, England, sponsored by the Marshall-Wythe School of Law of the College of William and Mary. Gene has been rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubble for over ten years due to his high ethical standards and professional ability.
Gene is active in the Fairfax Bar Association, where he serves on the Circuit Court Committee and the Law Related Education Committee. He also participates as a Master of the Bench with the George Mason American Inn of Court. Additionally, he volunteers his time to speak to at-risk youth from local high schools and conduct court tours for middle school students.
Gene grew up in Fairfax County. He and his wife, Glenda, live in Leesburg. Gene has six children: Darlene, James, Kaitlin, Brittany, Audrey and Steven; and three grandchildren: Briar, Skyler, and Kieran. He is an avid bicyclist and kayaker.
George Mason University School of Law
Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University
B.S. in Business, cum laude, 1980
Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- Maryland (pending)
- Supreme Court of Virginia, including all inferior and superior courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Bar and Professional Associations
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of the District of Columbia
- The George Mason American Inn of Court
Awards and Recognition
- Repeated recognition by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell’s A/V Preeminent Rating for legal ability and ethical standards
Reported Cases and Publications
- “Sovereign Immunity in Virginia: How to Slay the Giant”, George Mason American Inn of Court, Jan 2019
- Circuit Court Committee, Fairfax Bar Association – Revised the Civil Trial Practice Manual, 8th and 9th Ed.
- Law-Related Education Committee – Lead Court Tours for Middle School Classes
- Devonshire Program – Counsel high school students through The Alcohol and Other Drug Intervention Program
- C & O Canal Bike Patrol – National Park Service – Provide information, first aid, and bike repair to visitors and report violations, maintenance issues, and emergency situations to NPS