Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubble
Eugene "Gene" C. Miller has 35 years of experience in both personal injury defense and as a Plaintiff's attorney. Prior to joining Weiner, Spivey & Miller in 2010, he spent 25 years defending cases as the Managing Attorney for the office of GEICO Staff Counsel before choosing to represent victims of catastrophic injury and medical malpractice.
Gene has extensive inside knowledge of insurance coverage issues and claim evaluation and handling processes and procedures. Since joining the firm and becoming a partner in 2012, he has employed his unique perspective to offer valuable insight and experience critical in determining the best strategy for case negotiations, mediations, arbitrations, and trials, earning success for our clients and their families. Gene has extensive experience in personal injury litigation, having tried more than 180 jury trials in the various courts of Northern Virginia, including Federal Court, and in the Washington D.C. Superior Court.
Gene obtained a B.S. degree in Business from Virginia Tech, graduating with honors. He was inducted into the Honor Societies of Phi Kappa Phi and Beta Gamma Sigma. He obtained his J.D. from George Mason University School of Law (now the Antonin Scalia Law School). During law school he was on the Jessup International Law Moot Court team and interned with the Fairfax County Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney. He joined the legal fraternity of Delta Theta Phi. He also attended a Summer School of Law Program at the University of Exeter, England, sponsored by the Marshall Wythe School of Law of the College of William and Mary. He has been rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubble for over ten years due to his high ethical standards and professional ability.
Gene is active in the Fairfax Bar Association, where he serves on the Circuit Court Committee and the Law Related Education Committee. He also participates as a Master of the Bench with the George Mason American Inn of Court. Additionally, he volunteers his time to speak to at-risk youth from local high schools and conduct court tours for middle school students.
Gene grew up in Fairfax County. He and his wife, Glenda, live in Leesburg. Gene and Glenda have six children in their extended family: Darlene, James, Kaitlin, Brittany, Audrey and Steven; and four grandchildren: Briar, Skyler, Kieran and Tim. Gene is an avid skier, bicyclist and kayaker.
George Mason University
B.S. in Business 1980, cum laude
Bar and Court Admissions
- Virginia 1985
- District of Columbia 1985
- Maryland (pending)
- Supreme Court of Virginia, including all inferior and superior courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Superior Court for the District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
Bar and Professional Associations
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyers Association of the District of Columbia
- American Association for Justice
- The George Mason American Inn of Court
Awards and Recognition
- Mr. Miller has been repeatedly recognized by Virginia Super Lawyers
- Mr. Miller has achieved Martindale-Hubbell’s A/V Preeminent Rating for legal ability and ethical standards
Reported Cases and Publications
- “Sovereign Immunity in Virginia: How to Slay the Giant”, George Mason American Inn of Court, Jan 2019
- Circuit Court Committee, Fairfax Bar Association – Revised the Civil Trial Practice Manual, 8th and 9th Ed.
- Law-Related Education Committee – Led Court Tours for Middle School Classes
- Devonshire Program – Counseled high school students through The Alcohol and Other Drug Intervention Program
- C & O Canal Bike Patrol – National Park Service – Provided information, first aid, and bike repair to visitors and reported violations, maintenance issues, and emergency situations to NPS