Lawson D. Spivey, III joined Weiner, Spivey & Miller in 2001. He concentrates his practice on personal injury litigation and appears frequently in Virginia state courts to litigate personal injury matters. For more than 20 years, he has successfully represented injured clients in a wide range of legal matters, including wrongful death and personal injury; automobile accidents; premises liability, including slip and falls, and falling merchandise, restaurant liability and food preparation; sexual abuse; and medical and dental malpractice. He has had numerous large settlements and trial awards against corporate defendants, including big box retailers, grocery store chains, and transportation companies.
Lawson is a member of the Fairfax Bar Association and the Virginia State Bar. Lawson was nominated and is listed as a Top 100 Civil Plaintiff’s Lawyers in Virginia by the National Trial Lawyers Association. He received his J.D. from West Virginia University and his B.S. from the University of South Carolina.
Lawson was born in Ozark, Alabama. He and his wife, Stacey, have two children: son, Lawson, and daughter, Logan.
University of West Virginia
University of South Carolina
Business Administration and Management
Bar and Court Admissions
- Supreme Court of Virginia, including all inferior and superior courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- Virginia State Bar
- Fairfax Bar Association
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
Reported Cases and Publications
- Wakole v. Barber, 283 Va. 488, 722 S.E.2d 238 (2012)
- Garlick v. Safeway, Inc., 2009 Va. LEXIS 95, 2009 WL (2009)
- Fisher v. Salute, 51 Va. App. 293, 657 S.E.2d. 169 (2008)
- Russ v. Destival, 267 Va. 458 (2004)